Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Anatomy of Sorrow

Dolore                                                                                                          a lamentation in verso libero


No songs overheard 
nor rustling of life

Tones of colour whirled down and away
So long are the days tinged in this grey

I do not know the face of pith 
nor poise

And in this breath 
I sigh

For seasons passed and life so lost
For wisdom and true body
For the 99 left to recover just one

Amare è la vita

But the melody echos on 
and on and on and on

Heedless hearts

No feast served
nor recompense of being

If only I knew the bright visage of grace
or salvation

So long is my day 
alone in the colours of grey

And in this breath 
I weep

For reckless masses
For reckless me
For stray sheep

The heart of clemency beats on
and on and on and on

Foolish souls

Grazia è amore

Yet I feel no rest
no comfort
no cure